Date Set for Ipswich Fall Town Meeting
August 11th at 2:32pm.
Ipswich will hold a Special Town Meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2022, at 7:00 PM at Ipswich Middle/High School. All articles for the warrant must be submitted no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, August 12, 2022.
Prior to that deadline, the Ipswich Planning Board is holding a final public hearing on August 11, 2022, at 7:00 PM to discuss the following proposed warrant articles:
- Require owner occupancy for detached Accessory Dwelling Units
- Limit yield plan (maximum number of lots) within the Water Supply Protection District
- Remove ability to increase height allowance from 37 to 45 feet by special permit in the General Business and Highway Business districts
- Insert floor area ratio limits (amount of allowable square footage of structures relative to the lot area) within Rural Residence A, Intown Residence, Central Business, and General Business districts
- Change the Multi-Family Residential Development definition to allow up to 50% of the total units constructed to be single-family dwellings (increase from the current 25% cap)
Once the warrant is set, it will go to Town Counsel for review and to the Finance Committee for recommendations on funding articles. The Select Board will hold a public hearing and sign the warrant on Monday, August 22, 2022.