Salem Condominium Conversion Update
May 24th at 4:10pm.
Bill H.4453, titled An Act Authorizing the City of Salem to Enact a condominium conversion ordinance for buildings containing two or more residential units, has been referred to the Joint Committee on Housing. Petitioned by Representative Paul Tucker and Senator Joan Lovely, a hearing was scheduled for May 6. After the hearing, the reporting date was extended to June 15, 2022.
As a reminder, the Salem condominium conversion ordinance may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provisions for investigations and hearings on condominium conversions or proposed conversions
- A permit process
- Tenant notification requirements
- Relocation costs for tenants
- Control of evictions
- Penalties for violating the ordinance
- Afford tenants/city the right of first refusal
Additional updates will be posted to the GA blog.