Gloucester ARPA Funding
November 16th at 1:05pm.
Gloucester has announced the project allocations for the city’s first tranche of ARPA funding. In total, Gloucester will receive $23 million in local COVID-19 relief ARPA funding. Please see the infrastructure projects earmarked for ARPA funding below:
- $10 million for secondary wastewater treatment at the city’s wastewater treatment facility
- $3 million to repair streets and sidewalks
In addition to the $13 million allocated towards infrastructure improvements, $1.5 million in recovery funds will go towards the following economic recovery related projects:
- An economic development and industrial corp. Electric capacity study
- First phase of parking study focused on the downtown area of Gloucester
- Comprehensive citywide wayfinding program
Gloucester Mayor Verga also expressed interest in allocating ARPA funding to the creation of a downtown management organization. Updates, including announcements of future ARPA funding allocations, will be posted on the NSR blog.