Danvers Strategic Plan Community Meetings
October 31st at 3:34pm.
Danvers is holding meetings on Saturday, November 4th from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM and Wednesday, November 8th from 6:00-8:00 PM to discuss the Town’s strategic planning process. The meeting on Saturday, November 4th will be open house style and will be held at Holten Richmond Middle School. There will be a presentation style meeting on Wednesday, November 8th also at Holten Richmond Middle School.
Attendees will have the opportunity to provide comments on the town’s priorities for the Strategic Danvers community-wide plan. The strategic plan will help set a path for Danvers’ goals for 2030 and beyond. In addition to discussing priorities, attendees will also weigh in on trade-offs of choosing to emphasize priorities.
At earlier meetings, the top 3 potential improvements cited by residents for Danvers to focus on for 2030 and beyond were:
- Enhance Danvers Square/ Downtown as a place to shop, live, and gather
- Improve/ Invest in the schools
- Improve existing parks, trails, and recreation facilities
Goals cited by the Danvers Selectboard in developing a strategic plan include:
- Maintain our small town feel while fostering appropriate growth downtown and along commercial corridors
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming community
- Preserve and enhance our shared open spaces
- Promote civic engagement and diverse community activities
- Continue our financial stewardship by growing equitable and fiscally responsible revenues
Updates will be posted on the NSR blog.